Thread: I am Palin - The Bob Rivers Show, Twisted Tunes

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default I am Palin - The Bob Rivers Show, Twisted Tunes

Bob Rivers is a radio personality in the Pacific Northwest. He hosts The Bob Rivers Show. He is known for his song parodies called Twisted Tunes.

Recently, his people did one on Sarah Palin:

Needless to say, the Palinistas at FR are in an uproar.

However, he and his crew are equal opportunity insulters:

Last edited by EveningStar; 04-12-2011 at 08:24 PM.

2. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: I am Palin - The Bob Rivers Show, Twisted Tunes

Funny audio compilations there ES, thank you for sharing.

I listened to the first Helen Reddy "I am Woman" spoof of Sarah Palin and it reminded me of The Third Reich's first, albeit ineffective, attempt at exterminating Jews.

They painted pictures of happy people enjoying a party on bus windows but routed the bus exhaust into the passenger compartment with welded partitions isolating the bus driver from the lethal fumes.

The bus loaded with Jews, men, women and children would drive around town, locals would hear the death screams but the paintings of happy people having a party on the bus windows would make them laugh as well - just like your videos ES.

Your anti-Sarah Palin videos are much the same. Yes, we have seen this before and No, we are not impressed.

Instead of attacking Sarah Palin, why don't you try listening to what she has to say? Just saying...

Bob Rivers needs proof she's not stupid (according to the thread over at FR)?

Well she:
    Won the Alaskan governor seat with 51% of the vote in a 5 way race.

She took on the CBC (Corrupt Bastards Club - i.e. corruption within the power structure of her own party) and got all of them tossed out of public service and quite a few, including former governor MURKOWSKI, some prison time.

She took on "Big Oil" in Alaska and won.

She implemented fiscal policies in Wasilla (as mayor)...the growth Wasilla experienced is, to this day, talked about in the Statehouse in Juneau.
    I hope someone posts this at FR (I have no desire to get into THAT psychotic hell-hole again)...this is a SHORT list, to be sure.

*edit*

Of course, then I scroll down about 5 more posts and find a FAR more comprehensive list than mine!!!
    "Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency.” ~~ Barack Hussein Obama - January 21, 2009
    "This two-headed promise has been violated more wantonly than a goat at a Taliban bachelor party." ~~ Jack Cashill - October 3, 2014

The welfare of Humanity is always the alibi of Tyrants ~~ Albert Camus

War is not the best way of settling one's differences; it is, however, the only way of preventing their being settled for you ~~ GK Chesterton

The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men ~~ Plato

We are Dyslexia of Grob...Futility is Resistant, Your Ass will be Laminated ~~ Scott C

You can't fix stupid...You can laugh at it ~~ Lubbock

Well, the lyrics are pretty nasty - for instance, "media whore." However, she is now a media personality more than anything else.

One thing that may make Palin supporters, such as myself, annoyed with facetious parodies of her is that too many people take them as being true (e.g., Tina Fey's "I can see Russia from my back yard" joke that many people still believe was actually uttered by Sarah). They don't have such a problem separating facetiae from reality for some reason when it comes to Democrats.
    My opinion about the intelligence of liberals: never overestimate it.

“I know that you consider it sort of astonishing anybody would say so, but I think you can be an honest person and lie about any number of things.” – Dan Rather on Fox News Channel’s The O’Reilly Factor, May 15, 2001.

“I think it’s entirely legitimate to look at the tea party. Here are a group of people who are admittedly racist. Who are overtly political, who’ve tried as best they can to harm President Obama in every way.” NAACP President Emeritus Julian Bond

“In 2008, the Left gleefully mocked Sarah Palin’s live baby. It was only a matter of time before they moved on to a dead one.” – Mark Steyn

I kind of wish Biden could be here because he'll laugh at anything.” – Mitt Romney

Quote Originally Posted by DeclinetoState View Post
    One thing that may make Palin supporters, such as myself, annoyed with facetious parodies of her is that too many people take them as being true (e.g., Tina Fey's "I can see Russia from my back yard" joke that many people still believe was actually uttered by Sarah).
    I did point out that distinction to one of my wife's lady friends (who happens to be a very dear person). She was not deterred in her belief that Palin is not fit for the presidency. She's a Republican and she sat out the Presidential election.

Thread Information