Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Outrage as high school recites Pledge in Arabic saying 'One Nation Under Allah'

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Outrage as high school recites Pledge in Arabic saying 'One Nation Under Allah'

The Pledge in Declinese: Yum dentica gesti qwuvit Americk Credop Zintsz loresgat veroit, zix Wungora tyuiot aitop, fetro vicretz ef-roti, clup ditaini melizit zix mewquot.
    My opinion about the intelligence of liberals: never overestimate it.

“I know that you consider it sort of astonishing anybody would say so, but I think you can be an honest person and lie about any number of things.” – Dan Rather on Fox News Channel’s The O’Reilly Factor, May 15, 2001.

“I think it’s entirely legitimate to look at the tea party. Here are a group of people who are admittedly racist. Who are overtly political, who’ve tried as best they can to harm President Obama in every way.” NAACP President Emeritus Julian Bond

“In 2008, the Left gleefully mocked Sarah Palin’s live baby. It was only a matter of time before they moved on to a dead one.” – Mark Steyn

I kind of wish Biden could be here because he'll laugh at anything.” – Mitt Romney

Default Re: Outrage as high school recites Pledge in Arabic saying 'One Nation Under Allah'

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
    If that's what you really believe, you need to be committed to an asylum and have the key conveniently "misplaced". Or better yet, you want an "overreaction"? Go live in an islamic country and cite our PoA in arabic and say, "...one nation under YAHWEH" and see how long your head remains attached to your neck & shoulders.
    Is it possible to speak Arabic and not be a radical Muslim or even a Muslim of any kind?

Let's look at some more of the article:

At the school, the Pledge of Allegiance is recited once a week and on Monday, a member of the Cultural Arms Club at Rocky Mountain High School read out an Arabic version.

The pupils sought the permission of Principal Lopez, who previously had allowed the Pledge to be read out in French and Spanish ...

'Obviously in Arabic, you would use the word Allah, but Christian Arabs would use the word Allah,' said Ibrahim Hooper, of the Council on American Islamic Relations.

'It’s not necessarily specific to Islam and Muslims.'

From Wikipedia:

Allah is the Arabic word for God (literally "the God", as the initial "Al-" is the definite article). It is used mainly by Muslims, Arab Christians, and often, albeit not exclusively, by Bahá'ís, Arabic-speakers, Indonesian, Malaysian and Maltese Christians, and Mizrahi Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by EveningStar View Post
    Is it possible to speak Arabic and not be a radical Muslim or even a Muslim of any kind?

At the school, the Pledge of Allegiance is recited once a week and on Monday, a member of the Cultural Arms Club at Rocky Mountain High School read out an Arabic version.

The pupils sought the permission of Principal Lopez, who previously had allowed the Pledge to be read out in French and Spanish ...

'Obviously in Arabic, you would use the word Allah, but Christian Arabs would use the word Allah,' said Ibrahim Hooper, of the Council on American Islamic Relations.

From Wikipedia:
    Allah is the Arabic word for God (literally "the God", as the initial "Al-" is the definite article). It is used mainly by Muslims, Arab Christians, and often, albeit not exclusively, by Bahá'ís, Arabic-speakers, Indonesian, Malaysian and Maltese Christians, and Mizrahi Jews.

This is called sticking your toe into the tent. The Pledge of Allegiance is spoken by American citizens and legal residents, who should already know English. If people want to recite the Pledge in their own language or some other foreign language, they may do so apart from the daily school announcements. What's next - the Homosexual Creed, the Feminazi Manifesto, the Kumbayah Pacifist Oath?

4. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

This is called sticking your toe into the tent.
    Give that man a whiskey and a cigar.

Just like banning smoking on airline flights was all that was going to be done with smoking bans 50 years ago. We all saw how that worked out.

5. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

as high school recites Pledge in Arabic saying 'One Nation Under Allah'

Isn't this the same thing that was said over the airline speakers after the planes were taken over on 9/11?

With school violence up, you'd think this would freak out the kids with visions of their school being taken over and their principal bleeding out from a neck slashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Counsel View Post
    This is called sticking your toe into the tent. The Pledge of Allegiance is spoken by American citizens and legal residents, who should already know English. If people want to recite the Pledge in their own language or some other foreign language, they may do so apart from the daily school announcements. What's next - the Homosexual Creed, the Feminazi Manifesto, the Kumbayah Pacifist Oath?
    What I got from it was that the students were perfectly able to recite the Pledge in English, but thought it would be fun to recite it in a foreign language, be that French, Spanish, Arabic, or whatever.

I'm always on the lookout for the slippery slope, but I don't see it here.

Quote Originally Posted by EveningStar View Post
    What I got from it was that the students were perfectly able to recite the Pledge in English, but thought it would be fun to recite it in a foreign language, be that French, Spanish, Arabic, or whatever.

That's a waste of time already in the schools of the present. Students need all the time for being taught the fundamentals---what am I saying? The modern-day high school sophomore is the equivalent of a 60s and pre 60s era third grader. I smell a distraction fart offered to the teacher, by some lazy students myself. Get rid of the Department of Education first, then intelligent education can be discussed better.

8. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    This is called sticking your toe into the tent.
    Give that man a whiskey and a cigar.
    I would. But he's angry at me at the moment, so he won't take it from me. ;)

Just like banning smoking on airline flights was all that was going to be done with smoking bans 50 years ago. We all saw how that worked out.
    Exactly. One step at a time ...

It is also possible to play Russian Roulette and not die (immediately). But why risk it?

What next? Urdu? Chinese? Russian? Pashtu?

Why?

So if it's not specific, why use Allah at all? Why not just continue to use the word God? If it's not broken, why fix it?

Who cares?

'God' is a universal word, so it applies to everybody. So let's stick to that one.

Oh, fun. Yes, of course. One must have fun at all time and at any cost. Heaven forbid that the little princes and princesses should not live every minute of their lives as if it was a circus.

Honestly, ES. Of all the silly, mushy excuses.

Then I suggest you get your sight tested, my friend.

There is NO need for students to say our P of A in any language but English. Especially if they live in America and they are "perfectly able to recite the Pledge in English."

The little darlings want to have fun with languages? Let them buy the Rosetta Stone software. They can get it for 5 easy payments plus free shipping, according to the site. Then they can learn to recite Shakespeare in Arabic, if they want, and in their own time.

ENOUGH PANDERING TO MULTICULTURALISM!

POLITICIANS ARE NOT BORN. THEY ARE EXCRETED. -- Cicero

A liberal is a person who knows that he/she is not clever enough to argue with a conservative, but still believes the conservative is wrong.

CYNIC: a blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be.

WASHINGTONIAN
    : a Potomac tribesman who exchanged the privilege of governing himself for the advantage of good government.

POLITICS; a strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.

POLITICIAN
    : and eel in the fundamental mud upon which the superstructure of organized society is reared. When he wriggles he mistakes the agitation of his tail for the trembling of the edifice. As compared wth the statesman, he suffer the disadvantage of being alive.

POLITENESS
    :
    the most acceptable form of hypocrisy.
    The Devil's Dictionary - Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Atty Tude View Post
    I would. But he's angry at me at the moment, so he won't take it from me. ;)

You have me mistaken for a dingbat, or liberal, or some other thin-skinned Kumbayah.

not listening

10. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

No, silly. I meant that I would happily give you a cigar, a whiskey, AND a hug for making a very accurate remark.

Honestly, Counselor.

POLITICIANS ARE NOT BORN. THEY ARE EXCRETED. -- Cicero

A liberal is a person who knows that he/she is not clever enough to argue with a conservative, but still believes the conservative is wrong.

CYNIC: a blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be.

WASHINGTONIAN
    : a Potomac tribesman who exchanged the privilege of governing himself for the advantage of good government.

POLITICS; a strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.

POLITICIAN
    : and eel in the fundamental mud upon which the superstructure of organized society is reared. When he wriggles he mistakes the agitation of his tail for the trembling of the edifice. As compared wth the statesman, he suffer the disadvantage of being alive.

POLITENESS
    :
    the most acceptable form of hypocrisy.
    The Devil's Dictionary - Ambrose Bierce

Thread Information