Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Illinois Bill to Ban All Modern Firearms

Blog Entries

siren000 BREAKING: Illinois Bill to Ban All Modern Firearms

BREAKING: Illinois Bill to Ban All Modern Firearms

Posted on January 1, 2013 by Robert Farago
    Press release:
    “The ISRA has learned from a credible source that Illinois Senate President John Cullerton [above] will introduce a so called ‘assault weapons’ ban on Wednesday when the legislature returns for its ‘lame duck’ session. Cullerton hopes to ramrod the bill through and get it to Governor Quinn for signature by Friday. If he is successful at doing so, nearly every gun you currently own will be banned and will be subject to confiscation by the Illinois State Police . . .

“Based on what we know about Cullerton’s bill, firearms that would be banned include all semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Pump action shotguns would be banned as well. This would be a very comprehensive ban that would include not only so-called ‘assault weapons’ but also such classics as M1 Garands and 1911-based pistols. There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering. You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the State Police to avoid prosecution.”

TTAG’s sources tell us there will be two bills: one for semi-automatic rifles, lever guns, shotguns and handguns with certain features (e.g., threaded barrels); and one for ammunition magazine capacity.

Mags would be limited to 10 rounds and owners of existing magazines holding more than 10 rounds would have to register them with the state police.

One [non-ISRA] gun guy on the front lines in the Land of Lincoln tells TTAG that the odds of the bills going through are 50 – 50. He advises gun owners both in and out of state to call Senate President Cullerton at 217 782 2000 and/or find another legislator to pester at ilga.gov.

“If gun owners around the country melt the phone lines in the next three days we can push this thing back . . . that would be a tremendous morale boost ahead of federal legislation.”

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...dern-firearms/
    Scott Conklin

-"...you think the blackness over your heads is...dark skies. When in reality, it is our shoe..."
    - an Observer

Land of the free & home of the brave has become land of decree and home of the slave.

Blog Entries

Default Re: BREAKING: Illinois Bill to Ban All Modern Firearms

Illinois residents, remember, we Hoosiers will babysit your stuff until you can throw these bastards out or into jail if they do pass this. We have plenty of FFL dealers standing by...
    Scott Conklin

-"...you think the blackness over your heads is...dark skies. When in reality, it is our shoe..."
    - an Observer

Land of the free & home of the brave has become land of decree and home of the slave.

3. Default Re: BREAKING: Illinois Bill to Ban All Modern Firearms

Guess its a good thing I'm packing boxes and getting out of Dodge eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Firekrakka View Post
    Guess its a good thing I'm packing boxes and getting out of Dodge eh?
    Movin' south, by chance?
    You can have my guns when you can pry them from my hands with YOUR cold dead fingers.

Notice: This communication monitored by the NSA.

And my brother in SD just told me this would never happen when I told him it was coming... He'll have to see this now. He'll never give his up...this I know. And this is the very reason we didn't bother trying to buy and register a gun in MA. What we feared is what's happening...it will only make you a target for them to beat down your door and then search your home only to find whatever else is there too. We were right... I suggest everyone prepare for this now while you can because when this takes hold...no one will be safe anymore.
    Last edited by Terry; 01-02-2013 at 06:41 AM.

Glock17 Re: BREAKING: Illinois Bill to Ban All Modern Firearms

Mags would be limited to 10 rounds and owners of existing magazines holding more than 10 rounds would have to register them with the state police.
    If ALL guns are turned in, why even talk about mags? Thank God we don't live there any more.
    "In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." Ronald W. Reagan

7. Default Re: BREAKING: Illinois Bill to Ban All Modern Firearms

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKEYEPETE View Post
    Movin' south, by chance?
    Yup! Got a place in Fort Mill. Mom has my oak bookcases futon kitchen table armoire and tv so I really don't have to move furniture just boxes galore!

This will not fly. People cannot be that stupid, even in Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by Firekrakka View Post
    Yup! Got a place in Fort Mill. Mom has my oak bookcases futon kitchen table armoire and tv so I really don't have to move furniture just boxes galore!
    Boxes and garbage bags !! I filled 4 bags o' my crap of stuff i don't wanna move ... accumulation after 8 almost 9 yrs ...
    Last edited by Johnny Yuma; 01-02-2013 at 10:15 AM.

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
    -- Winston Churchill

County Board Member: "Mr. Prasse, we'd love to vote our ideals, but we have to vote for reality"
    C.B. Member Prasse replies: "We have this reality because you refuse to vote your ideals"

10. Default Re: BREAKING: Illinois Bill to Ban All Modern Firearms

Looks like some politicians would rather be beaten to death with sticks or run over by trucks than shot dead quickly. So be it. I bet the criminal gang members are lining up to turn in those nasty guns as we speak. Some legislators just need a good old fashioned ass whoopin.
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
    – Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information