Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Extending an olive branch....

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Extending an olive branch....

Moving forward, I'd like to ask this group how you see us working together in order to fix our impending problems. We have to agree that we've got a Democratic president & a divided congress, so what's the best way to handle sequestration, immigration, economic growth, and foreign relations?

I'm hearing subtle signs from speaker Boehner that increased revenues will finally be considered by the House, and I was pleasantly surprised by some conservatives actually evolving their stance on the DREAM Act & undocumented workers in the US. I'm sure some here have strong opinions against any movement on these issues, but does anyone here support some cooperation in order to work on these challenges?

I'm also interested in conservative thought regarding the failure of the Republicans to gain a majority in the Senate two elections cycles in a row. It seemed as though the goal was attainable, but the actual candidates let the party down. How do folks here feel about this loss? A few conservative House members also lost their seats. Should the Republicans choose more mainstream candidates in order to retain the House & take over the Senate?

I'm hoping for a civil discussion here and not a flame out, honestly. We really do need to work together, no?
    I'm not Republican - just so you know.

Default Re: Extending an olive branch....

The liberals compromise on their policy of theft, repeal ALL aspects of Obamacare, cut the marginal tax rates by 15% (NOT 15 basis points), cut spending across the board to 1999 levels and we can go from there.

Otherwise, I'm QUITE comfortable with gridlock.

The welfare of Humanity is always the alibi of Tyrants ~~ Albert Camus

War is not the best way of settling one's differences; it is, however, the only way of preventing their being settled for you ~~ GK Chesterton

The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men ~~ Plato

We are Dyslexia of Grob...Futility is Resistant, Your Ass will be Laminated ~~ Scott C

You can't fix stupid...You can laugh at it ~~ Lubbock

3. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

To Ooh... No.
    It is the best of times. It is the worst of times.

waggingfinger Extending a Switch....

:serious3: I'm with the Wolf of Timber. Gridlock is a best-case scenario for the next four years.
    Moo.

How ya been, Moo?

The welfare of Humanity is always the alibi of Tyrants ~~ Albert Camus

War is not the best way of settling one's differences; it is, however, the only way of preventing their being settled for you ~~ GK Chesterton

The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men ~~ Plato

We are Dyslexia of Grob...Futility is Resistant, Your Ass will be Laminated ~~ Scott C

You can't fix stupid...You can laugh at it ~~ Lubbock

Gridlock is one way to go, and maybe the best way. I don't know.

I read an article the other day [if I can find it, I'll post it], that had the exact opposite view; food for thought: give 0bastard everything he wants. Rubber-stamp it all. The outcome, of course, is that what we'll have in about two years is a pile of ashes --which 0bastard and the Lib/Progs will own.

Then we rebuild from there. Phoenix from the ashes.

It was an interesting article.

It's the same thinking that's been expressed here in this forum, but in more detail. It really painted a word picture of just what giving the Halfrican Marxist everything he wants would look like at the end of his term.

My only fear is the Supreme Court --which he's going to pack with Lib/Progs anyway.

thumbsup I'm Driving a HummerŪ, Now

Timberwolf:
    How ya been, Moo?
    :icon115: I have been functioning within normal parameters.
    Moo.

Well, Obama and the Dems were given everything they wanted for the most part over the last four years. And aside from jellyfish GOPers taking over the House, they were still reelected to the White House and gained in the Senate. Deficits being at $1 trillion annually, unemployment being at 20%, inflation being at 30% did not hurt them. Double those numbers and it still will not hurt them. The corner has been turned, it would appear.

OTOH, surrender is never a good option.

Gridlock is the best you can hope for, at this stage of the game.

9. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Well, Obama and the Dems were given everything they wanted for the most part over the last four years. And aside from jellyfish GOPers taking over the House, they were still reelected to the White House and gained in the Senate. Deficits being at $1 trillion annually, unemployment being at 20%, inflation being at 30% did not hurt them. Double those numbers and it still will not hurt them. The corner has been turned, it would appear.

OTOH, surrender is never a good option.

Gridlock is the best you can hope for, at this stage of the game.
    I think that in about a year a compromise will be offered a la Clinton in the late 90's. Should the compromise be turned down, the Republicans will be painted as unwilling to play ball and poor losers (because, lets face it, there's been near gridlock since 2010.) Should the compromise be negotiated and accepted, the Democrats will still set the terms unless they make a misstep. Then comes the Midterms.

Quote Originally Posted by ooh_child View Post
    . We really do need to work together, no?
    NO

whenever i observe a committed opponent urging cooperation i am reminded of how readily the jews cooperated and peacefully loaded the boxcars for the nazis -
    abortion is not magic....it will not, it cannot simply make your baby "disappear"....what it does do is make you the mother of a dead baby....that hurts....that will always hurt....it should hurt....

Thread Information