Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: War opens inside Republican Party over immigration

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default War opens inside Republican Party over immigration

War opens inside Republican Party over immigration

By Cameron Joseph - 11/10/12 06:00 AM ET

A war has opened within the GOP over whether to embrace immigration reform in the wake of President Obama’s thumping of Mitt Romney among Hispanic voters.

Conservative hero Sean Hannity said Thursday he had evolved on immigration reform after Romney lost Hispanics by 40 percentage points to Obama, while Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said a “comprehensive approach” on the issue was “long overdue.”Pundit Charles Krauthammer wrote Friday that Hispanics should be a natural GOP constituency, which means increasing border security while giving amnesty to those already in the United States illegally.

So the answer seems to be out democrat the democrats when it comes to illegals. Why bother to have immigration laws if the laws won't be enforced? Just open the borders and eliminate the immigration employees!
    "In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." Ronald W. Reagan

2. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: War opens inside Republican Party over immigration

I believe you're 100% accurate, tac. Another example of the republicans shifting even more to the left.

The republicans went along with immigration reform in the past and look how well that's worked out for them. Republican idiocracy.

To Hell with mollycoddling the SOBs who are here illegally! Down with the pussies in the GOP!

--A friendly message from Wolf Counsel, part Hispanic, part Mexican Indian, Texas-born and raised

Creo el lobo es correcto!
    "There is no hope in government. There is only hope in the Lord and the freedom He gave us."- AtomicLibSmasher, Aug. 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguy View Post
    Creo el lobo es correcto!
    No tengas dudas de eso, señor.

I keep hearing that the Republicans need to come closer to center before they'll be successful again. I would make the same observation of Democreeps as well but since they're calling the shots, I can't use it. As far as I'm concerned, NEITHER party represents Americans anymore.

If I remember right, the Obamunist delayed the deportation of some 300,000 illegals back to Mexico. His plan worked apparently. As a Conservative, I offer this compromise:

-IF we grant amnesty and therefore open the borders, we must allow EVERYONE from EVERYWHERE to come to America without any restrictions or processes. NO double standards.
    -IF we allow open immigration then we dissolve the Immigration department, put those people out of work and the money from that is the budget for the freebies we give out.
    -IF we keep the borders secure then we let our people do their job and put this issue to rest.
    Joe Biden quotes:

Biden: “We Don’t Have Time to Enforce Existing Gun Laws, Let’s Add New Ones”-Jan. 18, 2013
    "It's patriotic to pay taxes."-Sept. 18, 2008
    "You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking." --Joe Biden, in a private remark to an Indian-American man caught on C-SPAN, June, 2006
    "When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened." –Joe Biden, apparently unaware that FDR wasn't president when the stock market crashed in 1929 and that only experimental TV sets were in use at that time, interview with Katie Couric, Sept. 22, 2008
    “I said, ‘Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here. Walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house’-Biden in a Facebook forum on what he told his wife to do should they get burglarized, 2/19/2013

7. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

We had a very effective immigration policy for many decades. And then the wetbacks decided that the legal way was like ya know such a drag. They started crossing the borders without the tedious paperwork, and whined when anyone wagged a finger at them, and the libeRATs coddled their functionless, parasitic asses.

Step #1 to REAL "reform": remove all restrictions on the Border Patrol, and allow them to use deadly force on anyone who steps even one foot onto US soil;

Step #2: declare a bounty on the bastards, $1000 per dead beaner, no questions asked.

When the bodies start stacking up like cordwood on the border, it will send a message.
    "I have a dream."
    -- Martin Luther King

"I have a pen and a phone."
    -- Barack HUSSEIN Obama

As long as the hispanic population continues to vote democrat, don't look for any enforcement of our immigration policy.

Apparently we forgot that President Reagan signed the amnesty law in 1986, a law that was introduced by Republicans. Did it help the republican party win elections? You be the judge!
    "In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." Ronald W. Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by tac View Post
    As long as the hispanic population continues to vote democrat, don't look for any enforcement of our immigration policy.

Apparently we forgot that President Reagan signed the amnesty law in 1986, a law that was introduced by Republicans. Did it help the republican party win elections? You be the judge!
    Yeah, but tell the whole story...the democrats agreed to implement stringent immigration policy in exchange for that amnesty. Guess who reneged on their part of the bargain?

NO AMNESTY...EVERY ILLEGAL MUST BE SHIPPED BACK ACROSS THE BORDER and then allowed to re-enter legally, with proper documentation.

"But, Timber!! That's not f-a-a-a-a-i-i-i-i-i-i-r-r-r-r-r-r!!! It will split up families and those chillins didn't do NUTHIN' wrong!!"

Tell that to the embezzler who gets caught just before the statute of limitations runs out, or the murderer who finally gets caught, or the jewel thief, or the rapist, or any other criminal who hasn't paid the price for his crime(s) and finds his family being split up after years of crime-free living.

A crime is a crime. ALL crimes have a penalty to be paid. Last time I checked, there's no statute of limitations on illegally coming into this country.
    "Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency.” ~~ Barack Hussein Obama - January 21, 2009
    "This two-headed promise has been violated more wantonly than a goat at a Taliban bachelor party." ~~ Jack Cashill - October 3, 2014

The welfare of Humanity is always the alibi of Tyrants ~~ Albert Camus

War is not the best way of settling one's differences; it is, however, the only way of preventing their being settled for you ~~ GK Chesterton

The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men ~~ Plato

We are Dyslexia of Grob...Futility is Resistant, Your Ass will be Laminated ~~ Scott C

You can't fix stupid...You can laugh at it ~~ Lubbock

10. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

I see some here have yet to figure out what exactly happened last Tuesday.

There was one final last hope that the conservative paddles would shock America's heart back to a normal sinus rhythm. It failed.

The supraventricular tachycardia (or paroxysmal SVT for the non-cardiologists) will continue for another few months, maybe years, but essentially the patient is already dead. There is no measurable higher brain activity and even the cerebral cortex that controls simple heart rate, temperature and respiration are failing. Proof enough that the brain simply can't recover from the past four years without oxygen.

Our only remaining value now comes as an organ donor country.

RIP America

Thread Information