Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Alaskan Pyramid

  1. #1


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    Default Alaskan Pyramid

    Government IS Civil War



  2. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    Default Re: Alaskan Pyramid

    Aliens?

    Was Alaska always covered in snow?
    .
    .
    "America -- This Will Remain The Land Of The Free Only So Long As It Is The Home Of The Brave." -- Elmer Davis



  3. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    Default Re: Alaskan Pyramid

    It isn't now. They have a summer, although it's certainly shorter and cooler then that of the CONUS. What's interesting...

    Eirikr rauđi Ţorvaldsson (approx. 950-1003 AD) was called Erik the Red because of his red beard and hair, and perhaps also because of his fiery temper. It is said that he was a particularly hot-headed fellow who, after being exiled from first Norway and later Iceland, finally settled in Greenland.

    Erik the Red's saga

    According to the sagas, his father, Ţorvaldr Ásvaldsson, was exiled from Norway in 960 AD as a result of 'a number of killings', and Erik's entire family thus settled on Iceland. Here Erik the Red married Tjodhilde, but history now repeated itself and his father's fate also befell Erik. In 982 he was sentenced to exile from Iceland for three years for murder.

    Erik the Red's discovery of Greenland

    It is for this reason that in the same year he sailed west and discovered a country with an inviting fjord landscape and fertile green valleys. He was extremely impressed with the new country's resources and he returned to Iceland to spread the word of "The green land".
    Erik the Red

    Remember that fact when some ignorant, screeching Gorebot wails about the melting of the Greenland ice pack. There were no coal-fired power plants and SUVs and barbecue grills in the 10th century.
    "I have a dream."
    -- Martin Luther King

    "I have a pen and a phone."
    -- Barack HUSSEIN Obama

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,437


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    Default Re: Alaskan Pyramid

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDoom View Post

    Remember that fact when some ignorant, screeching Gorebot wails about the melting of the Greenland ice pack. There were no coal-fired power plants and SUVs and barbecue grills in the 10th century.
    And this ...

    WWII plane recovered in Greenland

    June 23, 2007 - 11:19AM
    A World War II US fighter plane once entombed under 100 metres of snow and ice in Greenland is back in the skies to complete a mission it began nearly 65 years ago.
    http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/WWI...019412243.html

    Under 100 meter of ice ? How'd the P38 get there ? Burrow ?
    NO ! That much snow and ice covered it since 1942 ...

    so 100 meters of snow can melt to return Greenland back to 1942 levels ...



    "If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
    -- Winston Churchill


    County Board Member: "Mr. Prasse, we'd love to vote our ideals, but we have to vote for reality"
    C.B. Member Prasse replies: "We have this reality because you refuse to vote your ideals"



  5. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    Default Re: Alaskan Pyramid

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffShelby View Post
    Aliens?

    Was Alaska always covered in snow?
    No. Possibly as recent as about 4000 years ago, and I dare anyone to prove me wrong - because they can't. Any attempt to prove me wrong would involve interpretations based on assumptions that there's no way to verify.

    Pre-mineralized dinosaur bones have been found in Alaska. (How they could stay 'fresh' 70 million years is not answered - except maybe that they are nowhere near 70 million years old).
    "If you'd seen as many UFOs as I have, you wouldn't believe in them" - Air Force Colonel

    “Circumstantial evidence is a very tricky thing,” answered Holmes thoughtfully; “it may seem to point very straight to one thing, but if you shift your point of view a little, you may find it pointing in an equally uncompromising manner to something entirely different” . . . “There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact”.
    - Sherlock Holmes

  6. #6


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    Default Re: Alaskan Pyramid

    Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    No. Possibly as recent as about 4000 years ago, and I dare anyone to prove me wrong - because they can't. Any attempt to prove me wrong would involve interpretations based on assumptions that there's no way to verify.

    Pre-mineralized dinosaur bones have been found in Alaska. (How they could stay 'fresh' 70 million years is not answered - except maybe that they are nowhere near 70 million years old).
    ...and add to that the fact that the term "dinosaur" didn't exist until roughly 150 years ago...until then, they were called "dragons".

    Things that make ya say, "hmmmmmm".


    The welfare of Humanity is always the alibi of Tyrants ~~ Albert Camus

    War is not the best way of settling one's differences; it is, however, the only way of preventing their being settled for you ~~ GK Chesterton

    The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men ~~ Plato

    We are Dyslexia of Grob...Futility is Resistant, Your Ass will be Laminated ~~ Scott C


    You can't fix stupid...You can laugh at it ~~ Lubbock



  7. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    Default Re: Alaskan Pyramid

    Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
    ...and add to that the fact that the term "dinosaur" didn't exist until roughly 150 years ago...until then, they were called "dragons".

    Things that make ya say, "hmmmmmm".
    Note that the Chinese have their years named after real animals; the year of the rat, the year of the tiger, the YEAR OF THE DRAGON.

    Link: Palm trees in Antarctica

    http://crev.info/2012/08/palm-trees-...in-antarctica/
    "If you'd seen as many UFOs as I have, you wouldn't believe in them" - Air Force Colonel

    “Circumstantial evidence is a very tricky thing,” answered Holmes thoughtfully; “it may seem to point very straight to one thing, but if you shift your point of view a little, you may find it pointing in an equally uncompromising manner to something entirely different” . . . “There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact”.
    - Sherlock Holmes

  8. #8


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    Default Re: Alaskan Pyramid

    If you buy into the Canopy Theory, that would help explain the warmth that extended over virtually every part of the Earth for such an extended period of time.

    Because even Al Gore cannot blame that on Enron and Haliburton.

  9. #9


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    Default Re: Alaskan Pyramid

    Government IS Civil War



  10. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    Default Re: Alaskan Pyramid

    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    If you buy into the Canopy Theory, that would help explain the warmth that extended over virtually every part of the Earth for such an extended period of time.

    Because even Al Gore cannot blame that on Enron and Haliburton.
    Some years ago I believed in the Canopy theory, I'm not sure about it at all any more. Creation scientists have expressed some differences of opinion about whether a Canopy was truly feasible, or necessary for the long life spans and temperate climate over the poles. If I remember correctly there were some serious heat issues with the canopy theory.

    In the Psalms, there's mention of the earth 'reeling' about like a drunkard during a cosmic disturbance in ancient times. The poles may have shifted at various times from catastrophes, bringing cold weather to what was formerly warm and vice versa.

    The earth's magnetic north pole has been shifting much more rapidly in the last few years, and the speculation back in early spring this year was that it would bring more 'North Carolina' like weather to Ohio, for example. That's exactly what is being experienced this year. 2nd warmest July on record.
    "If you'd seen as many UFOs as I have, you wouldn't believe in them" - Air Force Colonel

    “Circumstantial evidence is a very tricky thing,” answered Holmes thoughtfully; “it may seem to point very straight to one thing, but if you shift your point of view a little, you may find it pointing in an equally uncompromising manner to something entirely different” . . . “There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact”.
    - Sherlock Holmes

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •