Thread: 2nd amendment and slavery

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default 2nd amendment and slavery

The principal purpose of the 2nd amendment was to preserve the slave system that existed in the late 1700’s. While Professor Lepore (“Battleground America” New Yorker April 23, 2012) gives an excellent summary of the interpretive evolution of the 2nd Amendment, she neglects to speak to its origin. The 2nd Amendment was the price that had to be paid to secure ratification of the Constitution. (See “The Hidden History of the Second Amendment” by Carl T. Bogus.)
    The slave states relied on their militias to control their slaves and to suppress rebellion. The militia was required because the slave population in the slave states was such a large proportion of the total population. For example, as per the 1790 census, in Virginia slaves were 39 % of the total population, in South Carolina 43%, in Maryland 32%. (The brutal methods of the state militias, murder, fire, terror were adopted by the Ku Klux Klan.)

http://gunvictimsaction.org/blog/201...nable-slavery/

can you smell the desperation?
    "There is no hope in government. There is only hope in the Lord and the freedom He gave us."- AtomicLibSmasher, Aug. 2008

Default Re: 2nd amendment and slavery

Oh, hell! That does it. I'm going to dispose of all my weapons, because I don't want to have the stigma of racism in my soul.

Devil: , Wolfie!

Wolf Counsel: Go chew a prune!

Not me, Wolfie. If that was truly the original intent of the 2A, then it failed miserably. Look at what we have today.

I'm still stocking ammo, because it looks lately that we may have to restore this so-called "original intent" of the 2A.

You know, "Domestic Enemies", both racial and political.

Bring it on!
    You can have my guns when you can pry them from my hands with YOUR cold dead fingers.

Notice: This communication monitored by the NSA.

I was just poking at the liberal revisionists. Keep your weapons and ammo clean and functioning, and aim straight, is my input.

I know Wolfie, that you would never give up your guns, and you were just being a smart assed racist. Bravo for you. Facetious is my middle name, and the 2A is my reason for living in this slimy country.
    You can have my guns when you can pry them from my hands with YOUR cold dead fingers.

Notice: This communication monitored by the NSA.

Aren't these the same people who are teaching in grammer schools that the Blacks built the Pyramids and were capable of flying without the use of flying apparatus?
    Freedom without Authority is Anarchy...
    Authority without Freedom is Tyranny - Col. R. B. Thieme, Jr

Power victims: They pretend to see themselves as victims of power, when in actuality they derive power from pretending to be victims - PaulRevere

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.
    If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel - Benjamin Netanyahu

<{{{{><

Thread Information